one of the best movies on the face of the planet. you can argue otherwise, but i'm not budging.
why is it the greatest movie known to man? let me count the ways.
1. mr. darcy: pretty much THE perfect man. silent, strong, handsome (not at first, though. he grows on you), humble, selfless, kind, great brother and leader, etc. i know you want me to continue...but i'm afraid i must move on.
2. long-sleeve dresses: because they're amazing.
3. mr. bennet: "good heavens. people." the guy is genius.
4. courtship: none of this dating nonsense. i love you, you love me, let's get married.
5. balls: everyone knows exactly what to do, no "dirty" dancing. just pure magic.
6. mr. collins: because every good movie needs a short, pathetic excuse for a man. no offense, mr collins...but surely you must realize that no one really likes you. not even your wife. (i know, harsh. but quite true)
7. gender roles: men hunt. women marry. it's just so marvelously simple.
8. the liz/darcy downpour scene: pouring rain-unexpected love proclamations-distraught men. where the feelings being expressed are not only illustrated through facial expressions and conversation, but also by the weather.
9. "You have bewitched me body and soul, and i love, i love, i love you": one of the greatest lines known to woman. unfortunately...it has only been pulled off succesfully once.
10. happy endings: because, though you've been told over and over again that no one lives happily ever after, you can't help but believe it anyway.
this extremely short list of wonderful attributes only begins to describe the glory that is Pride and Prejudice (the 2005 version, i'm sure you have already assumed).
all i have to say now pertain's only to you, mr darcy. when you inevitably come to the conclusion that the life you have is not the life you've always wanted, come find me. i'll be here...