Thursday, July 8, 2010

Update #2

Hey!
I'm sitting in a cute little apartment in Guanajuato, Gto (Mexico), and I've decided to update you all again. I don't have too much time to sit at a computer (especially since I don't have a laptop here in Mexico), but we have a little break tonight before we head to San Luis Potosi and meet up with the whole Mexico team tomorrow morning.
The family that we have been staying with here in Guanajuato is one of the kindest I've met (and with a last name like Soto, they have to be). They have truly been a blessing to those of us staying here with them. The family is one of a widowed mother and three children, ages 14, 16, and 18. The mother's husband died soon after her youngest was born, and to hear her talk about her story has been truly difficult and heartbreaking. But she and her family have so much love to give that I have to ask myself why I can't show that same kind of love. It is truly a testimony to the great power of God and how loving He is to those who lean on Him.
Time has been going very fast, and I've been learning so many things, both about others and about myself. One thing God has really been showing me is His sovereign power. Many times I feel responsible for others' relationship with Christ, I feel it my responsibility to bring others into a lifestyle that is most like my own. But that burden does not belong to me...nor do I have the power to carry it. God has been really showing me that His power is enough and that it is only by His grace that I am where I am. It is such an amazing freedom and such an opportunity to show others the love that He has given me without obligation. And the people here in Mexico are so great. They love each other well, from the way they greet each other, to the intentionality of their conversation, I have learned much about what it means to just BE with others. And I'm looking forward to going back home and greeting everyone (even strangers) with a kiss. (Okay, maybe not).
As this program is soon coming to an end, please pray for continued protection here in Mexico. Though we are very cautious, the truth is that this country is not the safest place to be. Also continue to pray for my team. There are three of us here in Mexico, and one had to stay back in San Antonio (and we miss her very much), and it's become very easy to forget to spend time in the bible, or not think about the memory verses, so please pray that we continue to be diligent, even as we spend time in a different environment.
Thank you so much for your support. I truly believe that God has being doing big things here, both in my heart, and in the hearts of the other people in the program. Praise God!

Love, krystal.

No comments:

Post a Comment